Totally 80’s night pays tribute to The Cure and The Smiths/Morrisey on Saturday, September 6th.
Le Cure covers The Cure and has been nominated as the best cover band by the Dallas Observer in 2010 and 2012. Mark Hernandez embodies The Cure’s lead singer Robert Smith in every way.
Panic pays tribute to The Smiths. Don’t let your ears deceive you. It’s not The Smiths lead singer Steven Patrick Morrisey, but it is Dallas’ own Josh Venable that sounds identical to him.
Here is what you need in order to get ready for Totally 80’s on Saturday, September 6th; besides your tickets that you can get here, now.
The Cure Fans
The theme is the bigger, the bolder, the better.
- 1. Heavy black eye liner, and eye shadow.
- 2. Hair teased into a bird’s nest. Your hair should have a mind of its own that you can’t control.
- 3. Fire hydrant red lips. No need to get any lip injections. Just draw outside beyond your natural lip line and create red lips as big as you want.
The Smiths Fans
Channel in John Bedder, the rebel misfit from The Breakfast Club for inspiration.
- 1. Mousse, mousse, and more mousse. Blow dry your hair upside down to optimize volume.
- 2. Distressed denim jeans paired with an oversized button down shirt is premium Smith’s attire.
- 3. And if it is a chilly evening, don’t forget your vintage cardigan or denim jacket.
For the cherry on top of your ensemble, add on a pork pie hat.
No matter how you come dressed to Totally 80’s you’ll have a night to remember.